What is Konjac?
Konjac is a plant belonging to Genus Amorphophallus. The botanical name of the plant is Amorphophallus Konjac. With a diameter of around 20cm, the Konjac plant grows as a root also known as Konjac tubes. While considered a type of perennial plant, the Konjac plant can live for up to 5 years. Within the plant, Glucomannan Fibre is found, responsible for the high fibre & zero calorie nutrition of ZERO Konjac foods.
Cultures in East Asia have used Konjac for more than fifteen hundred years for its many health benefits.
What is Glucomannan Fibre?
Glucomannan fibre is a water soluble fibre which comes from the root of the Konjac plant. It is one of the most absorbent soluble fibres in nature and can absorb up to 200 times its weight in water. Because of this property Glucomannan fibre has many health benefits.
- It aids the digestive system and is beneficial to the prevention of constipation.
- It slows the absorption of sugar into the body, which helps people with diabetes.
- Soluble fibre has been scientifically proven to lower cholesterol, which can help prevent heart disease.
- It is a natural appetite suppressant, so it will help keep your cravings at bay.
What is the shelf-life of the ZERO Slim & Healthy range? How long will they last?
ZERO Slim & Healthy Noodles, Rice & Pasta have a shelf life of 2 years (from production) at room temperature. There is no need to refrigerate (avoid freezing).
What do ZERO Konjac Noodles, Rice & Pasta taste like?
Our entire range of noodles, rice & pasta (by them selves) are neutrally flavoured, they have no taste. You will need to treat them as you would any other normal noodle, rice or pasta by adding ingredients (eg, sauces, spices, protein, vegetables).
Do ZERO Konjac Noodles, Rice & Pasta have any odour when you open the packet?
If you have tried konjac or shirataki noodles before, you may be familiar with a distinct odour when you open the packet. We can assure you that our ZERO Slim & Healthy brand has little to no odour whatsoever. We have developed a patented method of eliminating that odour from our product.
Is the ZERO Slim & Healthy range Organic?
Yes. Not only are all our products organic, but they are Australian Certified Organic (NASAA approved). We are proud to say that ZERO Slim & Healthy is the only konjac brand in the world that can boast this.
How do I prepare ZERO Konjac Noodles, Rice & Pasta?
There is really nothing to it. Simply open the BPA Free packaging, put contents directly in a strainer/colander and rinse under water (hot or cold - doesn't matter) for 20 seconds. From that point they are ready to use however you like. Throw straight into a ready made stir fry or soup or use cold in salads or cold rolls.
Tip: if making a stir fry or pasta, I suggest adding rinsed noodles or pasta to a hit dry pan. This will evaporate the residual water and not water down your dish.
How do ZERO Konjac Noodles, Rice & Pasta help manage/lose weight?
- The very low calorie and carb levels in our konjac products are reason number 1 (table at the top of page shows this). For example, if you have normal pasta, noodles or rice every day (once a day), replace that meal with our ZERO Konjac Noodles, Rice or Pasta and you will cut over 2000 calories per week.
- The Glucomannan/konjac fibre in our products expands a little with water, which gives a feeling that that stomach is full, as a result you will eat less. This in turn reduces the amount of calories your body absorbs and greatly reduces hunger cravings to accelerate weight loss.
- Glucomannan/konjac fibre is also known to delay and block the absorption of some of the fats in your diet. This means that you absorb less fat from the foods you eat which helps decrease your overall calorie intake and will accelerate weight loss.
Are ZERO Konjac Noodles, Rice & Pasta potentially beneficial for diabetics?
The Glucomannan/konjac fibre in ZERO Konjac Noodles, Rice & Pasta slows down the digestive process which is reported to slow down the bodies absorption of glucose which then stimulates a slower release of insulin from the pancreas. This metabolic process therefore aids in the normalisation of blood glucose after eating a meal.
Can ZERO Konjac Noodles, Rice & Pasta help lower my cholesterol?
Glucomannan/konjac fibre works in a similar manner to other water-soluble fibres. It is able to attach itself to bile acids in the gastrointestinal system and move them out of the body in the form of excrement. This process helps lower cholesterol and reduce the amount of fat in the blood. Like many soluble fibres, glucomannan can bind with a variety of substances in the digestive tract to slow digestion, relieve constipation and reduce the absorption of fats, sugars and carbohydrates.
How long can I use them after I have opened the packet?
Once the packet is opened we recommend using within 3-4 days. Store in a sealed container in the fridge.
Can I freeze them?
Unfortunately not, they change texture once frozen and become inedible.
Purified Water, Certified Organic Konjac Fibre, Food Grade Calcium Hydroxide.