A unique wholefood source of natural calcium, GreenCALCIUM is an organic marine plant (Lithothamnium calcareum) naturally rich in natural rich in elemental calcium, magnesium and 72 other trace minerals crucial for optimum calcium absorption and bone health.
GreenCALCIUM contains 34% elemental calcium and has a unique porous ‘honeycomb-like’ structure and the large surface area that allows for greater absorption and utilisation of calcium in the body.
What is it
What is GreenCALCIUM?
GreenCALCIUM is made using 100% organic Lithothamnium calcareum marine plant from the South West coast of Ireland and the North West coast of Iceland that contains 34% elemental calcium and 72 other trace minerals.
After a five-year life span spent absorbing essential minerals from the Atlantic waters, this calcium-rich plant calcifies naturally and settles on the sea bed from which it is sustainably harvested, taken ashore and washed, dried and crushed.
Nothing else is added.
As only the mature/aged material is harvested - not the live young plant, sustainability is assured.
The Lithothamnium calcareum marine plant regenerates itself continuously, so there is no interference with its renewal process.
GreenCALCIUM is harvested in Ireland and Iceland under strict ISO 9001-2000 certification, is Organic, Kosher and Halal Certified and GRAS Approved. This makes GreenCALCIUM the perfect calcium supplement for all people, including Vegetarians and Vegans.
What are its health benefits
Pleasant tasting and easily mixed in drinks or added to any food, just one level teaspoon (2.8g) serving of GreenCALCIUM powder provides over 950mg of elemental calcium in a natural multi-mineral food-matrix.
For your covenience, GreenCALCIUM is also available in convenient 100% vegetable capsules - two (2) capsules provides 600mg of elemental calcium.
GreenCALCIUM is a 100% plant-source of calcium, is HIGHLY ALKALINE (pH 10) and supports body alkalinity, provides MAXIMUM ABSORPTION and bio-availablity of calcium in the body, is ALL NATURAL and contains;
NO calcium chelates processed from limestone or chalk
NO calcium hydroxyapatite derived from crushed animal bones.
NO crushed coral or oyster shell
NO animal products or by-products
NO corn or wheat products
NO Genetically Modified Organisms (GMO)
NO herbicides, NO pesticides, NO contaminants
NO dairy products
GreenCALCIUM is the richest natural plant-source of calcium available, is highly alkaline (pH10) and is vegetarian, vegan and paleo friendly.
All GreenCALCIUM products are bottled using LOCTEC (TM) oxygenless packaging technology. More
Why is calcium so important?
Calcium is essential for building and maintaining bone. Almost all the body's calcium (about 99%) is found in the bones.
Our bodies cannot make calcium, so it must come from the foods we eat. When you are not getting sufficient amounts of calcium in your diet, some of the calcium crystals in bone dissolve and give their calcium back to the bloodstream.
Calcium intake is important, but it's how well the calcium is absorbed into bones and teeth that's most critical.
Calcium absorption may be reduced by excessive caffeine and alcohol, soft drinks containing phosphates, and diets high in animal proteins.
OPTIMUM BONE DENSITY
Peak bone density is reached by the age of 30 and most of this is achieved by puberty when there is the greatest rate of bone growth. Calcium is essential for:
maintaining total body health
normal growth and development
keeping your bones and teeth strong over your lifetime (they contain 99% of the body's calcium, the remaining 1% is in blood)
ensuring the proper functioning of muscles and nerve
keeping the heart beating
helping blood clotting and regulating blood pressure
the action of a number of hormones (particularly those associated with the thyroid and parathyroid glands)
absorption of vitamin B12
DO WE NEED VITAMINS D and K?
YES. Vitamins D and K are important nutritional co-factors in calcium metabolism and absorption – vitamin D is naturally produced in the skin from mild exposure to sunlight; this mechanism is thought to be un-reliable though as the process takes place in the sebum, and washing the skin soon after exposure may negate the process. Vitamin D is also obtained from eating foods such as tuna, salmon, sardines, egg yolks or cheese. Vitamin D is stored effectively in the body for use in calcium metabolism.
Similarly, vitamin K is important and best obtained from foods such green peas, carrots, green beans, broccoli, kale and mustard greens - the best source of vitamin K is Hawaiian Pacifica Spirulina which provides 60mcg in one 3g serve.