Best of the Bone is an all-natural grass-fed beef bone broth concentrate that is a true collagen, mineral and amino acid-rich living gelatin. Gluten, antibiotic and dairy free - just pure bone broth with no additives aside from Celtic sea salt. Nearly 40% collagen protein absorbed at a much higher rate than other collagen sources thanks to important healthy fats (the most efficient fuel source for your body and critical for the absorption of vitamins and micronutrients by the body!) and with 19 key and essential amino acids that you need to survive and thrive. The typical bone broth is 2%-4% collagen. Best of the Bone is 10-20x higher.
A daily tablespoon of the delicious Best of the Bone turns a mug of hot water and some vegetables, meats and/or spices to add for taste into a fabulously healthy, nutrient-dense meal. We find its a great way to start the day. Or end it. Add it to your soup, sauce and gravy recipes for flavour and nutrition for the whole family.
Did you know that the gelatin and essential fatty acids of the broth increase the absorption of micronutrients in your meals. So add some veggies or meats to your Best of the Bone broths and soups.
Certified organic ingredients that have not been irradiated - both ginger and turmeric (active curcumin) have been shown to be absorbed at levels up to 900% greater when orally consumed in conjunction with healthy fats and gelatin from bone broth.
Evidence-based benefits of turmeric include:
- Turmeric (the bio-active curcumin in turmeric) contains bioactive compounds with powerful medicinal properties including anti-inflammatory effects and is a powerful antioxidant. Best of the Bone organic turmeric is a high 5% curcumin and with the pepper to aid absorption and the healthy fats of the bones the absorption is as much as 500% higher than typical curcumin absorption.
- Curcumin boosts brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) which is linked to improved brain function and a lower risk of degenerative brain issues including age-related factors.
- Shown to lower your risk of heart disease.
- Has shown in numerous studies to be a cancer preventative.
- Arthritis responds well to curcumin in turmeric.
Top evidence-based benefits of ginger include:
- Ginger has a long history of use for relieving digestive problems.
- Proven anti-inflammatory and pain killer (in tests ginger has out-performed NSAIDs such as ibuprofen and other prescription pain relievers but without the side-effects).
- Proven to prevent heart attacks and stroke.
- Improves absorption of nutrients (digestive improvement)
- Improves immunity and respiratory function.
- Natural detox (prevents accumulation of toxins).
- Has shown to inhibit growth of cancer cells.
- Reverse conditions related to GERD (up to eight times more potent than Prevacid and other prescription drugs prescribed for GERD but WITHOUT the side effects!) and stomach ulcers.
- Improves diabetes and enhances insulin sensitive - in fact has shown it can prevent and reverse diabetes.
grass-fed beef leg bone extract (broth gelatin), certified organic turmeric/organic ginger/organic black pepper and evaporated sea salt. 37 serves. Best of the Bone - Australian made HACCP, FSIS certified. Refrigerate after opening - will last until 'Best By' date on jar (several months).
How Do We Make It:
Using certified grass-fed beef leg bone (highest in marrow and essential fatty acids including a near ideal ratio of omega 6 to omega 3). High in omega 3 EPA and DHA - ALA does not readily convert into EPA or DHA and dietary components are how we get these essential fats critical for brain and cardiovascular health. We slow-cook them for more than 48 hours - ensuring maximum nutrient extraction from the cooked bones. The result is a thick, marrow-rich, nutrient dense bone broth extract extremely high in natural, un-denatured bioavailable collagen.
Research and studies have shown:
- Helps your body absorb micro and macro-nutrients due to the gelatin and healthy fats (in other words, it makes your good foods healthier).
- Supports joint and bone health.
- Increases bone density and lean muscle mass.
- Is a powerful anti-inflammatory.
- Heals gut health including colitis, irritable bowel syndrome, leaky gut, and even used as a critical first step to treat Crohn's Disease and colities.
- Improves skin elasticity and reduces wrinkles (overall improvement in skin health).
- Improves immune system.
- FODMAPs friendly and part of the GAPs diet.
Suggested for detox programs, joint disease sufferers, the very active and for overall health.
CONTAINS: Cartilage * Essential Amino Acids * Collagen * Protein * Minerals