Bob's Red Mill Baking Soda 453g, Gluten Free
Bob's Red Mill Baking Soda 453g, Gluten Free
At Bob’s Red Mill, our Baking Soda is the gold standard: use it in countless recipes, including cakes, cookies, flatbread and more. This gluten free product is produced in our 100% gluten free facility and subject to ELISA batch testing to ensure it meets our strict standards.
Baking soda is bicarbonate of soda, a top-quality leavening agent also known as sodium bicarbonate or sodium hydrogen carbonate. When used in combination with buttermilk, lemon juice, cocoa or other acidic ingredients, it causes dough and batters to rise beautifully without yeast! Our pure baking soda is made from the deposits of mineralized sodium bicarbonate and is extracted by a simple water process that uses no chemicals.
When using baking soda in combination with acidic ingredients, such as buttermilk, molasses, cocoa or yogurt, the sodium bicarbonate releases carbon dioxide that causes the batter or dough to rise. In addition to carbon dioxide gas and bubbles, baking soda also yields a chewy texture that is essential to many baked goods—think of your favorite chocolate chip cookies. It's also a great household cleanser and eliminates odors. The package of our baking soda features a terrific recipe for Lemon Sugar Cookies—be sure to click the Recipes tab to find dozens of other fantastic recipes.
Out of baking powder? You can use baking soda under certain conditions. Make sure your recipe contains an acidic ingredient—or add it! Quick rule of thumb: to properly activate 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda, you’ll need 1 cup of buttermilk or yogurt, or 1 teaspoon of vinegar or lemon juice. Also, keep in mind that baking soda is four times more powerful—yikes!
Baking Soda, aka Sodium Bicarbonate: Dozens of Uses!
Of course baking soda is a must-have for any baker, but did you know there’s a baking soda solution for almost any household purposes—and some home remedies as well? Baking soda and water and baking soda and vinegar can be used in dozens of ways:
- Scrub Your House: Make a baking soda paste with warm water to scrub tile, tubs, sinks and more.
- Make an All Purpose Cleaning Spray: Make a mixture of ½ teaspoon dish soap, 1 teaspoon baking soda and 2 Tablespoons white vinegar in a spray bottle. Fill with warm water, shake and spray!
- Polish Silver: Make a mixture of three parts baking soda to one part water to polish flatware with a clean sponge; rinse and dry with a soft towel.
- Clean the Oven: Sprinkle the bottom of your oven with baking soda and spray with water. Let sit overnight, then scrub to get rid of grease and odors.
- Degrease Dishes: Add a scoop of baking soda to a sinkful of soapy water; it’ll help cut the grease and leave your dishes squeaky clean!
- Deodorize, Soften and Whiten Laundry: Add ½ cup baking soda to a load of laundry to help eliminate odors and naturally soften!
- Freshen Flowers: Add a teaspoon of baking soda to cut flowers in a vase to keep them fresh!
- Wash Fresh Produce: Want to remove any surface dirt or chemicals from your fruits and veggies? Next time you wash them in the sink, add ¼ cup of baking soda to your water to clean them naturally.
- Remove Odors from Carpeting: Scrape any dirt or mess away, blot with a warm soapy cloth, and then sprinkle liberally with baking soda. Let sit overnight, then vacuum in the morning.
- Freshen Your Breath: Rinse your mouth with a glass of water mixed with 1 teaspoon baking soda.
- Brush Your Teeth: NOTE: Check with your doctor, as it’s s an abrasive. In a pinch, dip your toothbrush in water and then in baking soda. Make sure you brush for a full minute!
- Exfoliate Your Skin: Gently rub your skin with a mixture of three parts baking soda to one part water.
- Relieve Heartburn: NOTE: Check with your doctor before using. Mix 8 ounces of warm water with 1 teaspoon baking soda; drink!
- Give Yourself a Pedicure: Mix a basin of warm water with 3 Tablespoons baking soda and soak those feet!
Pickup is free of charge and is availiable on Cafe/ Smoothie Bar products ONLY.
Operating hours are:
Mon - Thurs: 7am - 8pm
Fri: 7am - 6pm
Sat: 8am - 6pm
Sun: 8am - 2pm
Health Nuts Australia offers Australia Post delivery options. Orders are generally processed within forty eight (48) hours* to seventy two hours (72) after payment confirmation. Please reach out to our customer service if you would like Express Postage (*excluding public holidays and weekends). Delivery times may vary depending on the volume of customer orders. Health Nuts Australia is not responsible for any loss, damage or theft of goods if left by Australia Post. If the package is returned to Health Nuts Australia by the courier, Health Nuts Australia will refund the cost of the product only. All shipping and handling will not be refunded. Health Nuts Australia will recharge for any shipping and handling to resend the product.
Refund policy If you need to return a product, we want to make the process simple and easy for you in the instance that item is damaged or incorrectly supplied. Please call our team within 48 hours of receipt of goods, or email within 48 hours of receipt of goods and attach an image of the product with your email. We will issue a return reference number to be included with the returned goods. Any claims outside this time-frame will not be accepted. Credits will be processed when goods are received back to our distribution centre. Goods sent back without prior advice being given to us will not be accepted. Health Nuts Australia are unable to issue returns or credits for perishable and fresh produce items, as well as unwanted or incorrectly ordered items. Returns cannot be redeemed for cash and Health Nuts Australia will issue an on-line credit only.